Friday, March 11, 2011

shopping solo



over the weekend i went to myeong-dong by myself.  myeong-dong is a shopping district in seoul.  it is huge with narrow streets lined with big-name stores and crowded with people.  i have to be a little honest, i get a somewhat claustrophobic in the midst of all the slow moving people bumping into me, but for the most part, it is fun to visit.  i did a little shopping without ryan, which was enjoyable for the both of us.  when we go shopping together, it usually goes something like this:

i say i'm going to go into a store real fast, i end up wanting to try something on, and ryan sits outside and watches a movie or tv show on his ipod.  and the whole 5-10 minutes i'm inside, i'm worried about ryan waiting for me, bored.  as soon as i come out of the store he says something like, "i only have about 5 minutes of this left in me."

it's usually ok with me when he says that, because i'm not a big shopper in the first place, but it was nice to have a little afternoon to walk around and grab a little lunch by myself.


not only are the streets lined with stores, but they are also full of local vendors selling everything you could think of, from onsies to shoes to fried korean street food.  most of the street vendors sell really cheap goods.  i ended up buying a dress and a cardigan for under 10 u.s. dollars.





2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. Ryan got his love of shopping from his mother. I used to do the same thing to Jordyn. I'm glad you had fun! Looking forward to being there next week! 매우 흥분

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you are small like the Koreans and you can fit into their clothes. When I went to Japan, I couldn't even fit the XL women's sizes there :( Looks like you guys are having a great time!!

    ReplyDelete