Tuesday, September 28, 2010

This last week...

Our good friend, Jana, just got to South Korea!  She is going to be teaching in a town about three hours south of us.  We were able to pick her up from the airport and hang out with her for a day, show her around, and teach her some Korean words.
We played Rook.

We also went to our favorite sushi place again!  It's hard for us to put into words how great this sushi truly is.
Dragon Roll.

Spider Roll.


I, (Katie), am having a hard time understanding our washer and dryer contraption.  Everything on the machine is in Korean.  First you press a couple buttons to get it to wash.   The door locks and an hour later it is finished and the machine even sings a little tune to let us know it is finished.  Then we have to push a couple more buttons to make the machine dry the clothes.  Once that happens, the machine remains locked and starts the two hour drying process.  There is no way to stop the machine once it has started.
Our clothes usually have to dry over night, even after they have been in the dryer for two hours.


So, here is my trouble.  I wash the clothes for an hour, no problem.  Then it comes time to press all the buttons to dry the clothes, and I usually end up washing them again for another hour.  When I actually get the machine to dry, I still mess it up and here is why:  our washing machine is under our stove.  I usually make dinner while I'm washing the clothes.  I tend to lean against the washer/drying while I'm cooking, which means I'm pressing buttons with my hips and making the machine start over with the whole two hour drying process.

No comments:

Post a Comment